Week 38

Date: Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 9:05 AM Subject: Week 38 This week was absolutely, indescribably incredible. On Monday night, I had a little talk with my companions about how we needed to be working harder. Being a missionary companionship is very much a team effort, so though I was doing what I could, we needed to step it up as a team to do more. At first, their reactions to me wanting to do more were pretty mixed, but eventually they settled in, and we got way more done this week than we have been doing before. This week we found 7 new people to teach! We got a call on Thursday at lunch from a former investigator who we had knocked about 5 times last transfer (about 2 months ago) asking us to come over and teach her and her boyfriend, and they want to progress to become baptized members of the church. Then yesterday at church, we had a handful of our friends there, and towards the end of the meeting someone walked in, and handed me a little pass along handout card. It had the church address on it in my handwriting. We had met this man on a street corner about a month ago, and had no contact since, none of his info whatsoever. He walked more than 3 miles to church in more than a hundred degree weather. It was another miracle. Bishop also asked us to give talks, so elder Martinez and I spoke without notes in the Spanish meeting. I shared my thoughts on what it takes to be disciple of Christ. A disciple of Christ speaks as the Savior would, acts as the Savior would, and more than anything, has a heart pointed to the Savior. We'll all come short, but we need to keep on trying our best. Funniest part of this week - at about 8:45 last night we were knocking our last door of the week up in earlimart, and walking out. I was at the back of the group, and their mangy little dog came up and BIT me on the ankle Haha. Feels like a badge of honor. I have been bit by a dog as a missionary. So awesome week here! Hope you all are doing well! Thanks for reading! Elder Easton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 MTC-September 2, 2020

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Monday November 9, 2020